Anatomy of Asana - AoAthe study of human anatomy & physiology within a yoga context
Next Available: TBC
Who is AoA for?
– Keen yoga students
– Yoga teachers
What will AoA do for you?
– AoA will expand and enhance your yoga practice, knowledge and experience.
– Participants will experience and deepen their understanding of the benefits of applied therapeutic yoga.
– Immerse yourself in a structured and explorative learning seminar that looks at the A&P (anatomy & physiology) of asana
– Regular practice in Sirsasana & Sarvangasana is advised; free standing or wall support okay
– The AoA seminars are not suitable for absolute beginners.
AoA Delivery Method
The Anatomy of Asana Seminars – offered as 3.5 hour Intensives
Specific areas of the body are covered in each seminar through study of asana & anatomy.
Anatomy of Asana – Seminar Content
– Basic anatomy of body focus area
– Corresponding Asana that affect body focus area
– Therapeutic practices to assist movement and/or stability
It is through the alignment of the body that I discovered the alignment of my mind, self, and intelligence
Finally, an A&P / Asana seminar that speaks to Yoga practitioners & teachers!
These sessions are packed with clear learning perspectives & practical experience
Specific body areas studied with corresponding asana practice
Maximum retention of pre-course work information is enhanced through direct yogasana experience