Anatomy of Asana - AoAthe study of human anatomy & physiology within a yoga context
Who is AoA for?
– Keen yoga students
– Yoga teachers
What will AoA do for you?
– AoA will expand and enhance your yoga practice, knowledge and experience.
– Immerse yourself in a structured and explorative learning A&P course (anatomy & physiology)
– Regular practice in Sirsasana & Sarvangasana is advised; free standing or wall support okay
– The AoA course is not suitable for absolute beginners.
The AoA Course Structure
Sessions will focus on the practical aspects of the anatomical body within asana & pranayama practice.
– yoga anatomical study – set over four separate stages of 12 hours each.
– specialised intensives include asana & pranayama practice and theorised learning
– enables participants to experience and deepen their understanding of the benefits of yoga
Commitment to Pre- Course Work
– pre-course reading work is required prior to the commencement of each AoA Stage.
Read more about Anatomy of Asana-AoA by downloading our Information Pack, Calendar & Enrolment details for 2018
AoA Delivery Method
The full 48 hour Anatomy of Asana Course is offered as four separate, 3 day Intensives –
4 Stages scheduled within the year / 12 hours for each Anatomy of Asana Stage
Anatomy of Asana Stage One:
– Hips & Legs
Anatomy of Asana Stage Two:
– Back & Spine
– Shoulders & Arms
Anatomy of Asana Stage Three:
– Chest & Abdomen
– Introduction to Physiology
Anatomy of Asana Stage Four:
– Yoga Physiology
– Nervous System
– Respiratory System
– Blood & Skin
Anatomy of Asana – Stage 2: Friday 16 to Sunday 18 MARCH
Anatomy of Asana – Stage 3: Friday 20 to Sunday 22 JULY
Anatomy of Asana – Stage 4: Friday 19 to Sunday 21 OCTOBER
Anatomy of Asana – Stage 1: JANUARY 2019
See above the downloadable 2018 information flyer+calendar & pre-course work info+enrolment forms.
It is through the alignment of the body that I discovered the alignment of my mind, self, and intelligence
Finally, an A&P Course that speaks to Yoga practitioners & teachers!
This course is packed with clear learning perspectives & practical experience
Specific body areas studied with corresponding asana practice
Maximum retention of pre-course work information is enhanced through direct yogasana experience